Smoking addiction can be very hectic to overcome when it is at the highest level. Many people try to stop smoking in vain but is the best decision you can make to lead a healthy life. Over the years smoking has been the leading cause of deadly diseases such as cancer. Smoking also exposes you to high risk of suffering from other chronic diseases like stroke, heart attack, lung diseases among many other health issues that include body fractures. There different approaches that may help you to stop smoking either medical or home remedies. Hypnosis has been beneficial for many years in assisting smoking addicts to recover and adapt new life without easily.
What is hypnosis?
The hypnosis is a psychological approach that helps to alter the state of brain awareness to voluntary actions. Once you undergo the process, your brain will reduce concentrating on the optional activities such as smoking and instead you will be thinking of what your doctor told you about smoking. Clinical hypnosis has been in use to help psychological and physical patients with various health problems like sleep disorders and addictions.
How does hypnosis work for smokers?
The hypnosis works by enabling the patient brain to adopt a new thinking and imagination which helps to curb the smoking habit. For instance, the hypnotherapist may tell you always to imagine cigarettes smoke smell like a truck exhauster. The advice will make the smoking disgusting to the patient and every time you wish to smoke you will remember what the doctor’s advice. Hypnosis uses the Spiegel’s method that mainly puts its focus on:
- How smoking poisons your body
- The importance of protecting and respecting your body.
- For you to live you need a healthy body.
Smoking is mostly a brain-controlled problem and once you train your brain to stop thinking of it becomes easy to stop smoking. Hypnosis sometimes fails to work to some people, but in most cases, the process has been very efficient.
The smoking addicts who use hypnosis enjoy a lot of benefits which are as follows;
- Hypnosis helps in deep body nerves relaxation thus decreasing blood pressure and slows heart rate hence increasing the rate of healing.
- The process of hypnosis enhances self-control, and you get to realize how powerful your decisions are in your life.
- Hypnotherapy is a natural treatment remedy that you will have zero side effects. You will empower your body functioning without adding any toxins that may be harmful.
- The hypnosis is an affordable way of curbing smoking as you will only need a qualified hypnotherapist and the rest just to follow instructions no more costs.
The hypnosis works well, but it has some downsides which include;
- The process requires a lot of commitment and willingness for it to work for you. The hypnotherapist will only provide you with guidelines the rest will be up to you to be responsible which can be a challenge to many.
- The hypnosis may take time before you recover entirely, there is no supplement to use thus your body system will have to adopt the new lifestyle which may take a while. If you are not that patient and persevere to the guideline, the process may fail to work for you.